We've moved! Check us out at

badmuthafudruckers.wordpress.com

Come on...you know you want to.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

I want to see Hulk Hogan beat up Danny Bonaduce

I think my blog is going to join Maxie's and go renegade. I'm participating in NaNoWriMo and the 2500 words a day that are going into my crap novel are sucking all of the life out of my blog. I can't seem to get it together enough to write a coherent, let alone mildly entertaining post.

A few thoughts I've had which, given a little time or effort on my part, could have blossomed into full-fledged posts:
  • Hulk Hogan.
    When I was younger I was a serious Hulk-a-maniac. My mom wouldn't let me get the WWF magazines, but my cousin Michael who lived down the street did. My sister Lauren and I poured over those magazines and begged our dad to teach us wrestling moves. Fast forward to the present day. I may or may not have watched every single episode of Hogan Knows Best. I strong armed my boyfriend into letting me watch American Gladiators at his house every Monday night. Now Hulk has a new reality show on CMT, Hulk Hogan's Celebrity Championship Wrestling. Danny Bonaduce gives me nightmares, but I still tune in on Saturday nights, if I can stay up until 10.

  • Netflix is messing with my mind.
    I currently have 42 movies in my Netflix queue. Why? Because I'll go through periods in which I'll add a ton of movies that Netflix recommends which I've never heard of. When these movies arrive 4 weeks later, I get all amped up for a pizza and movie night. Unfortunately, I open my little red envelopes to find I've got MirrorMask and Elling waiting for me. Two good movies, don't get me wrong, but not exactly beer-and-pizza fare. On a Friday night, I'm not really in the mode to watch a Norweigan film with subtitles about a neurotic mama's boy and his simple-minded, sex obsessed roommate. Sounded good a month ago when I was bored at work, though.

  • Orange Soda.
    I'm addicted to the stuff. Sure, who doesn't enjoy a Sunkist every now and then, but I'm going through it like gang busters and I'm not sure why.

  • Kath and Kim.
    Is anyone else watching this show besides my friends and I? I love Molly Shannon and I want the show to be a success, but it kind of sucks.

7 comments:

Kate said...

I'm a grape soda fan myself. But it's been years since I allowed myself to buy it. I'd drink a 12 pack in one day, I'm sure. It's not like I didn't have a drinking problem or something....

Maxie said...

Watch out-- our blogs have minds of their own... SCARY.

Netflix messes with me too-- I should just remove movies I don't want to see from there but I feel like there are movies I just "should" watch.

I'm making no sense.

saratogajean said...

kate - I have to ration myself to 2 a day. It is tough.

maxie - I feel like Netflix is tricking me into renting less-than-popular movies. Screw you, Netflix!

Toe said...

Yeah, my blog has met the same fate. Doing better than I with only 3500 words after a week hiatus.

Funny you should mention Hulk Hogan, I had a dream about him the other night. He had me in a chokehold. I woke in a panic. Wierd.

So@24 said...

This is the best Hulk Hogan I've ever seen created off Paint.

saratogajean said...

brazenbaretoe - If Hulk Hogan ever really had you in a choke hold, you wouldn't wake up in a panic. You wouldn't wake up at all.

so - I got mad paint skillz.

Lump said...

ooooh I have like 143878935734359647 movies in my netflix queue. it's ridiculous!

Post a Comment