We've moved! Check us out at

badmuthafudruckers.wordpress.com

Come on...you know you want to.

Monday, January 5, 2009

It's just like riding a bike, right? Right?!?

So I haven't blogged for a while (you didn't notice? oh well) which has created a backlog of post ideas that have leaked into my real life conversations. Prefacing a story with, "just a warning, this might be TMI," doesn't really work out well when you end up telling your mom how you know it's gross but you still sit bare-assed on the toilet seat at bars because the 'squat-and-pee' maneuver it too difficult to pull off after a few drinks, and no one really gets crabs from public toilets anyway, right?

Also I said 'fuck' in front of my mom and my 5 year old niece, but thankfully my family is too shocked to really address this issue, so after I weathered the 25-30 seconds of awkward silence I was home free.

So here's a quick recap of things that have happened to me in the past 2 weeks or so:
  • I cut off all most of my hair. I love it.

I went sledding with my niece in Michigan. Being in the snow for less than 45 minutes rocks. After that...not so much.



  • Steve got drums. :(

  • That is all for today. Yay 2009!

    *[Updated to add]: Why did no one tell me I spelled niece wrong?

    13 comments:

    Dolce said...

    Oh! I dropped the f-bomb in front of my father in law on Christmas.

    Good times.

    Um...Awkwardness for 1?

    Glad you had a fun holiday!!!

    Lump said...

    my family cusses like it's going out of style.
    new hair SCORE!! I love it. :)

    Marie said...

    Awesome new hair! I cut mine too. It was boring me.

    I continuously swear in front of my parents. My dad loves it and my mom just stares at me.

    Anonymous said...

    The new hair looks really cute.

    And I like the transition from like...Angus Young style rocking to Rivers Cuomo style rocking.

    Unknown said...

    Your Rocking Face is exactly like Slash's Rocking Face while he was with Guns n Roses, so you should feel pretty good about that.

    Also, short hair is hot.

    saratogajean said...

    dolce - No one should be awkward alone. Make that a table for 2.

    lump - I hope it's not going out of style, 'cause it's one of the few things I've got going for me.

    marie - I am totally telling my hair it bores be right before I cut it again.

    'See you later, sucka. You bore me. Good bye.'

    andy - Jeez, now I have to do some wiki-research to confirm that I've gone from awesomely cool to even more awesomely cool.

    surviving myself - You know, I do feel pretty good about that. High Five to Rocking Faces!

    Rahul said...

    Damn that is hot.

    I was talking about the drum set.

    You're ok too.

    Mr. Bison and Lindsay said...

    Rock on with your bad self! I love how you have a baseball bat by your front door. Security?

    ~Letitia

    LBluca77 said...

    I did not even notice you spelled it wrong. Whoops.

    Love the new hair, very cute.

    Anonymous said...

    You rock a LOT.

    Good for you. Good for you.

    saratogajean said...

    rs27 - I'll pass the compliment along to the drum set.

    letitia - That is actually Steve's house, and yes, the tee ball bat by the door is for security. But mainly it just sits there and scares Ernie.

    lbluca77 - Thanks!

    arjewtino - I live to rock.

    Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

    My father-in-law plays drums. In a band. That tours old age homes. I think it's awesome when grown-up men play drums for fun. =)

    Kate said...

    Great hair! I cut mine, too. Must have been the New Year's itch.

    Post a Comment